(vivid) (vividblog) (poetry) (poems) (words) (writing) (creative)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Speed

I've driven the same route hundreds of times. Every morning I pass the same coffee shop, the same library branch, the same theater.

Yesterday, for the first time of those hundreds, I saw a secret plaza, a small fountain, an oasis of greenery and brick. It was not a hidden garden; I'd just never glanced that way before.

It made me wonder what else I've not noticed in my rush through life. I pledged to slow down, to notice small beauty, to find joy in undiscovered places.

But this morning, intent again on speed, I lost the small garden. It was gone as completely as if I'd never noticed it in the first place. I hope that tomorrow I can find it again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we all need to slow down and take real notice and appreciate some of the things we take for granted.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home