(vivid) (vividblog) (poetry) (poems) (words) (writing) (creative)

Monday, October 10, 2005

Rainy day

There is something I find delicious about a cold, rainy day. Today I wear my most comfortable jeans and warmest baggy sweater and don't feel at all guilty for not putting more pride into my appearance.

I imagine the moisture seeping through the walls and wonder what it was like hundreds of years ago to live in a drafty, stone-walled lodge and hover over a smoking fire, the wood wet and hissing.

On my rainy days, meals are hot tea and oatmeal, pie, beef stew, thick soup. Tonight, damp from the evening commute, I will light a candle, exhale into the pillows and open my favorite book as it grows dark outside my circle of warmth. I will be happy to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home