(vivid) (vividblog) (poetry) (poems) (words) (writing) (creative)

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The edge

Sometimes I think I would like to be on the cutting edge.
I would determine the future and plunge ahead, unafraid to fail and hungry to learn what comes next.
It would be lonely, and frightening. But my path would be blazed with power, short and bright, until I faltered or inevitably burned out. Would I be remembered?

Obscurity is never glamorous. It won't land me in headlines or newscasts. It won't see my name drawn from the stone of a plaque or a wall or a monument.
But it is safe, and comfortable. It is homecooked food on a humid, candlelit night with companions who make me laugh until my cheeks hurt.

I know my choice was actually made long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home